Wednesday 11 September 2013

Day #218

I just finished a long and hot foot bath. My feet had been killing me lately - Jee, I don't know, maybe because the shoes I wear are crap? - and today, having worked at the markets I stood all day.

It was hot. I don't know why they keep insisting caling it ''Spring''. In Italy you don't get 32°C on the 10th day of Spring! Man, was it hot to work around noon!!! We survived, though, so all is good.

As usual, I don't know why I bother to tell you, I ate a lot: gelato, haloumi turkish bread, Oreos, strawberries; I drank a couple of coffees as well this morning because I was still suffering form a really bad case of period.
Man, will I miss the Markets, their food and the people who work there, when I'm gone!

Enzo got me a necklace as a send off gift. He shouldn't have, of course, but it's such a pretty pearl necklace and he's always saying how people who can't accept gifts are undeserving of them, I couldn't - nor wanted to - push myself to refuse it.

I had some more ice cream, just now, as with Paolo, Sabri and Albi, I went to Milany on Racecourse Rd to fight off the heat.

Ho appena finito un lungo e caldo pediluvio. I miei piedi mi stanno uccidendo ultimamente - mmh.. sarà forse che ho delle scarpe pessime sia per quando lavoro al ristorante sia quando sono al mercato? - e oggi, ovviamente, sono rimasta tutto il giorno in piedi.
Faceva caldo. Non capisco come mai si ostinino a chiamarla "primavera''. In Italia 10 giorni dopo l'inizio della primavera non raggiungi 32°C!!!! Ommamma! Faceva davvero un caldo assurdo all'ora di pranzo. Oh bè, siamo sopravvissuti, quindi tutto a posto.
Come al solito, ho mangiato come una porcella: gelato, focaccia turca all'haloumi (cheese), Oreos, fragole; mi sono anche bevuta un paio di caffè dato che soffrivo ancora da ieri delle conseguenze del ciclo.
Mi mancheranno un sacco il mercato, il suo cibo e la gente che vi lavora!
Enzo, come regalo di saluto, mi ha regalato una collana! Non avrebbe dovuto, ovviamente, ma è una collana di perle così bella e elegante. In più, Enzo contunua a ripetere che quelli che non accettano regali, è perché non li meritano, quindi non volevo rifiutare.
Ho mangiato dell'altro gelato questa sera. Con Paolo, Sabri e Albi sono andata da Milany su Racecourse Rd per combattere la calura!

No comments:

Post a Comment