Wednesday 20 March 2013

Day #43

Today I read Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It was, to quote Mr. John Green, ''one of the most genuinely romantic stories I've ever read'' and I couldn't put it down all day. To use my words, it was ''a really good one, with the best setting possible and very authentic in its many misunderstandings.''

The story was set in Paris and it brought back all the wonderful memories I cherish from the week I spent there two years ago with my friends and classmates. I mean, I KNEW the places they were talking about in the book: the Jardine du Luxemburg, Saint Étienne-du-Mont, Shakespeare And Company!!!! I was there!!! I could picture it almost perfectly. 
I forgot there's also a bit set in the Père Lachaise Cemetry! Seriously, I can't ever stress enough on the fact that I WAS THERE with my friends just as Anna was there with hers! Is it normal that I'm this psyched about it? Why do I always get this involved when it comes to reading? I mean, where is my filter? Shouldn't I be able to detach myself in some ways?

Also, why did it take me so long to get interested in Neruda's love poetry?
SQUEEEEEE *fangirls*

Oggi ho letto un libro ancora inedito in Italia, la traduzione letterale del titolo sarebbe Anna e Il Bacio Francese, di Stephanie Perkins. È, per citare il Sig. John Green, ''una delle più genuine storie d'amore che io abbia mai letto'' e non sono riuscita a metterlo giù neanche un secondo. Per usare le mie parole, invece, si tratta di ''una storia davvero molto bella, con il migliore sfondo possibile e molto autentica in tutti i suoi fraintendimenti.''
La trama si sviluppa principalmente a Parigi e mi ha ricordato della meravigliosa settimana che ho passato due anni fa con i miei amici e compagni di classe nella capitale francese. Nel senso, SAPEVO ESATTAMENTE quali erano i posti a cui si riferivano nel libro, potevo richiamarli alla memoria in maniera quasi perfetta: le Jardin du Luxemburg, la chiesa di Saint Étienne-du-Mont, la libreria Shakespeare and Company!!! Ero proprio lì!
Oh, mi stavo quasi dimenticando, c'è anche un punto ambientato nel cimitero di Père Lachaise e, parliamone, non mi stanco di ribadire il concetto, come io ERO LI' a passeggiare coi miei amici, così era Anna coi suoi!!! È normale che sia così su di giri per questa cosa? Come mai mi ritrovo sempre così coinvolta quando leggo un libro? Intendo, dov'è il mio filtro? Non dovrei essere in grado di distaccarmi in qualche modo?

E poi ancora, perché è la prima volta che sento parlare delle poesie d'amore di Neruda?
*si scioglie*

No comments:

Post a Comment