Sunday 31 March 2013

Day #54

When I was a kid I used to play this mental game every year around Easter time. I would try to find a correspondance between the stages of Jesus' passion and the weather. Dark clouds after three o'clock on Good Friday, dull sky on Saturday, a ray of sunshine on Sunday morning, anything really would have had a meaning to me. Now, this makes me realize I've always been kind of weird, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make - I was reminded of this little game by the glorious sun I woke up to today!
Happy Easter, to all of you who celebrate it!

I served breakfast at the restaurant this morning and had the whole afternoon off. 
Most of it I spent it managing and writing emails with the girls I'm in contact with for sharing the room after Claire's departure. I placed an ad on this site called Gumtree that works pretty much for anything, from finding a nanny to selling an old swing set, and since I received a couple of answers I was explaining to the candidates about the accomodation, the king size bed and all. I mean, I'd love to have myself as a roommate, sleeping in the same bed would be the least of the problems, I mean, I'm actually at my best in my sleep: it's the only time I can actually manage to shut up for good! But yeah, for a stranger I see how it must sound like. That's why I want to meet this girls maybe over a coffee and show them the place so they can decide if they want us, me and Kingsy - I just made the name of the bed up.

Out of topic, my feet are hurting so bad! At the restaurant I'm wearing Claire's black sneakers and I'm afraid they might be too tight in the point! I mean, I'm full of blisters and they hurt so much! Today I found one on my left little toe that *ALERT*ALERT*ALERT*If you are easily grossed out you might want to stop reading NOW - that totally reminds me of Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame! Gross! Where's a needle when you need one?!*ALERT*ALERT*ALERT*
Anyway, as soon as I get a morning off I'm heading downtown to get some proper shoes, in the meantime I sincerely hope Quasimodo will die - I swear I didn't make his name up just now, I talked about it over Skype with my parents, because I'm totally gross and talk about this kind of things, and named it at that time.

Quando ero piccola facevo sempre un giochino ogni anno nei giorni di Pasqua. Cercavo un collegamento tra il tempo atmosferico e i momenti della passione di Gesù, quindi per esempio delle nuvole particolarmente scure il venerdì pomeriggio, un sabato dal tempo incerto, un timido raggio di sole la mattina della domenica, qualsiasi cosa aveva un suo significato. Ora, questo mi fa pensare che forse sono sempre stata parecchio strana, ma non era questo il punto a cui cercavo di arrivare - mi sono ricordata di questa sciocchezza perché stamattina mi sono svegliata con un sole meraviglioso!
Buona Pasqua a tutti quelli che la festeggiano!

Questa mattina ho lavorato al ristorante servendo la colazione, ma poi sono stata libera tutto il pomeriggio.
Tempo che ho trascorso sistemando e rispondendo alle email delle ragazze che hanno risposto al mio annuncio per la ricerca di una nuova compagna di camera per quando Claire se ne tornerà a casa. Ho postato un annuncio su Gumtree, questo sito che si usa più o meno per tutto, dal trovare una babysitter al vendere un'altalena, e visto che ho ricevuto alcune risposte, mi sono occupata di informare debitamente le interessate del fatto che nella camera non ci sono due letti singoli, ma un matrimoniale. Nel senso, io non avrei problemi ad avermi come compagna di camera, dormire nello stesso letto poi sarebbe davvero l'ultimo dei problemi, dato che nel sonno sono al mio meglio: è una delle poche volte in cui riesco a chiudere la bocca una volta per tutte! Pero capisco come un'estranea possa vedere la cosa. Ecco perché voglio prima incontrarle e fargli vedere la casa.

Cambiando completamente argomento, ho i piedi che mi fanno un male cane! Sono pieni di vesciche e ogni passo è un tormento! Al ristorante porto le All Star nere che mi sono fatta prestare da Claire, ma temo siano troppo strette in punta perché è impossibile che abbia così tante vesciche! Oggi ne ho trovata una sul mignolino sinistro (se vi interessa, dicesi ''mellino'', ''minolo'' o ''V°'') che *ATTENZIONE*ATTENZIONE*Se vi scandalizzate facilmente vi conviene smettere di leggere ORA - che assomiglia a Quasimodo del gobbo di Notre Dame! Schifo! Dov'è un ago quando serve?*ATTENZIONE*ATTENZIONE*
Comunque, appena ho una mattina libera vado a comprarmi delle scarpe adatte, nel frattempo spero Quasimodo muoia - giuro che il nome non l'ho inventato adesso, è stato coniato mentre ne discutevo coi miei su Skype poco fa, sì, perché sono una persona molto fine che parla di queste cose ai suoi genitori.

No comments:

Post a Comment