Thursday 20 June 2013

Day #135

Yes, I was definitely over-reacting yesterday. Today everything went fine: I had lunch shift at the restaurant, we had a couple of tables coming in, so it was not too busy, but neither boring. Besides, I got really good tips :D Then, once home, Cake offered to cook dinner for the two of us and we went to the supermarket on Racecourse Rd to get the last couple of ingredients - that is to say, rice and coconut milk.
We had Thai food, of course, and it was just awesome! Coconut rice with prawns and cabagge in soy beans sauce. Yummy! We decided tomorrow will be my turn to cook dinner for us and I'm 100% positive it's not going to be as tasty as hers! Oh well, I guess I can live with the shame if I get to have some more of that prawns and cabagge in the near future.

Our unit is in a frenzy these days, because - I don't know how, but - Cake got the Beta IoS 7 to Sabrina and Paolo. And now the two of them are playing with their iPhones as kids would do with their shiny new toys on Christmas day. You should see them!

I might be falling sick. The weather is so cold these days, temperatures have been dropping in the last couple of weeks and I'm afraid I might have caught a cold. My throat is sore and my tonsils have swollen to the size of tennis balls. Hurray.

Sì, potrei decisamente aver esagerato ieri con l'apprensione. Oggi tutto è andato benissimo: ho avuto il turno del pranzo al ristorante, si sono riempiti un paio di tavoli, quindi non eravamo troppo pieni ma neanche da annoiarsi. Per di più, ho anche preso delle belle mance :D Una volta a casa, Cake si è offerta di cucinare cena per noi due e siamo andate al supermercato in Racecourse Rd per prendere gli ultimi ingredienti - riso e latte di cocco.
Naturalmente abbiamo mangiato Tailandese ed è stato buonissimo! Riso al cocco con gamberi e verze in salsa di soia. Gnam! Abbiamo deciso che domani tocca a me cucinarci la cena e sono sicura al 100% che purtroppo non sarà altrettanto buono. Oh bè, probabilmente sopravvivrò la vergogna se questo significa che presto potrò avere degli altri gamberi!

Il nostro appartamento è nel caos più totale da quando Cake - non chiedetemi come -  è riuscita ad aggiornare il Beta IoS 7 sugli iPhone di Sabrina e Paolo: i due giocano coi loro cellulari come dei bambini coi nuovi balocchi a Natale! Dovreste vederli!

Potrei stare per ammalarmi. Il tempo si è fatto freddissimo in questi giorni, le temperature hanno continuato a diminuire nelle ultime settimane e temo possa essermi presa un raffreddore. Di sicuro ho mal di gola e le mie tonsille sono gonfie come palle da tennis. Evviva.

No comments:

Post a Comment