Friday 21 June 2013

Day #136

Had the day off today. I went downtown with Sabrina and met with her friend Eva for breakfast on Queen St. We did a little bit of shopping, but I didn't buy anything. Almost. I just got a hand cream at Daiso, this japanese chain that sells everything at $2.80. My hands are getting creepy, all dry and full of cuts because of the water and chemicals I'm using at the restaurant.

In the afternoon I went to restaurant as Davina was trying out the cocktails we proposed for the new cocktail menu. Mine sucked, like, big time - and I wonder how's that even possible since this time I got the recipes on the Internet and didn't make them out by myself!! Oh well, Kyle's Toblerone coktail tastes great - almost like an alcoholic milkshake! Yummy! And Tunda's Caribbean Sunset cocktail was nice as well! So, yeah, as I said, I'm not entirely satisfied with my two cocktails, but with Davina we worked out a way to make them tastier.

Tonight I cooked dinner for Cake and me and as foreseen, it was a poor counterpart for what she prepared yesterday. Oh well, she ended up liking it anyway. I cooked spirals with prawns and zucchini.

Ero libera tutto il giorno oggi. Sono andata in centro con Sabrina questa mattina e ci siamo incontrate con la sua amica Eva per colazione in Queen Street. Abbiamo fatto un po' di shopping, ma io non ho comprato nulla. Quasi. Nel senso, da Daiso - questo negozio giapponese che vende DI TUTTO, vende tutto a $2,80 - ho finito per prendermi una crema per le mani perché stanno diventando inquietanti: sono tutte secche e piene di tagli e piaghe per tutta l'acqua e i prodotti che uso al ristorante.
Nel pomeriggio sono andata proprio al ristorante, nonostante la giornata off, perché Davina stava provando i cocktails che abbiamo proposto per il nuovo menù. I miei erano pessimi, tipo sull'orlo dell'imbevibile - e mi chiedo come sia possibile, dato che questa volta ho preso le ricette papali papali da Internet e non lì ho improvvisati da me! Oh bè, il cocktail Toblerone di Kyle è buonissimo, una specie di milkshake alcolico! E anche il Caribbean Sunset di Tunda è molto buono! Quindi, come vi dicevo, non sono completamente soddisfatta coi miei drinks, ma con l'aiuto di Davina, ho trovato un modo per renderli passabili.
Questa sera, invece, ho preparato la cena per me e Cake e, come previsto, si è rivelata una povera controparte della deliziosa cucina tailandese che ho provato ieri. Oh bè, a Cake è piaciuto comunque: fusilli con zucchine e gamberi.

No comments:

Post a Comment