Tuesday 25 June 2013

Day #140

Just some thoughts on today.

- Being the 25th of June in the southern emisphere, I couldn't help thinking of today as the australian Christmas time. I mean, this is how the weather is like on their 4th day after the Winter solstice and it doesn't even come close to the Christmas I'm used to in Italy. I was wearing light sneakers and nothing more than a jumper when I went out this afternoon. 19°C, for crying out loud! I might get used to this.

- Unfortunately I wasn't as productive as I wish I had been, but I think I'll forgive myself.

- I think I got a pay rise [interesting page about rise and raise]. I mean, my salary suddenly went up last week and I got proof today when I received the salary for last week. Despite the same amount of hours, I got almost $90 more this time than a couple of weeks ago! Wow! Looks like somebody will be getting a new phone soon!
By the way, what should I do in this situation? I mean, I've never received a pay check since I started working at the restaurant, so I haven't been keeping track of the pay per hour, but definitely this time I got payed a lot more than before, so, what should I do? Do you thank your bosses in these situations? Because Davina hasn't mentioned anything to me before actually raising my wage.


- I started watching Sherlock - as in I started and finished Season 1 - and feel bad about blogging about petty things like the above, when Martin Freeman gets to blog about his adventures with Benedict Cumberbatch.

Semplicemente alcune punti sulla giornata di oggi.
- Oggi è il 25 di Giugno e per una buona parte della giornata non ho potuto fare a meno di pensare che questo sarebbe il clima natalizio di Brisbane dato che ci troviamo nell'emisfero australe e siamo nel quarto giorno dopo il solstizio d'inverno. Parliamone, avevo delle scarpe di tela e una semplice felpa quando sono uscita questo pomeriggio, nulla paragonato a quello che avrei indossato a Natale in Italia. 19°C, signori! Potrei anche abituarmici!
- Purtroppo non sono stata tanto produttiva come mi sarebbe piaciuto, ma va bè, credo mi perdonerò.
- Credo di aver ricevuto un aumento di stipendio. Nel senso, improvvisamente settimana scorsa il mio stipendio era di più di quello che mi sarei aspettata e quest'oggi ne ho avuto la conferma quando è arrivata la paga di settimana scorsa. Nonostante il numero delle ore fosse lo stesso di qualche settimana fa, il salario era di quasi 90 dollari in più! Wow! Sembra che qualcuno si prenderà un nuovo cellulare prima del previsto!
A proposito, cosa dovrei fare secondo voi in questa situazione? Cioè, non ho mai ricevuto una busta paga da quando ho inziato a lavorare al ristorante, quindi non ho mai troppo tenuto conto di quanto venissi pagata all'ora, ma questa volta, senza ombra di dubbio, sono stata pagata di più. Cosa faccio? Davina non mi ha accennato nulla prima di aumentarmi la paga.
- Ho cominciato a vedere la serie della BBC Sherlock - tipo che oggi mi sono guardata tutta la prima stagione - e mi viene il magone a pensare di stare scrivendo un blog su queste cose, mentre Martin Freeman ne scrive uno sulle sue avventure con Benedict Cumberbatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment