Thursday 25 April 2013

Day #79

Keeping it short because even when I mean to go to bed early like yesterday, I end up finishing writing at 1AM, and THAT is not early enough, even for my standards.

So, as I mentioned, I was exhausted yesterday and had to catch up on some sleep. I woke up at half past eleven this morning and it felt good. I'm actually planning on doing the same tomorrow morning!

Today was ANZAC day, that is to say, the national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand, and a public holiday for many. Not for us at the restaurant, though. But that was ok, because I worked only in the evening and - unfortunately for Tony and Davina - we weren't too busy.

I guess that's all for the day. You can all guess what I did in between waking up and going to work, and if you'd like to know, I'm really liking Eleanor & Park. It is set in 1986: tapes, comic books and first loves blooming on school buses. What can you ask for more?

Voglio essere brevissima questa sera, perché anche quando intendo andare a letto presto come ieri, finisce sempre che prima della una non ho ancora aggiornato il blog. E la una non è presto abbastanza, anche considerati i miei standards.
Quindi, vi ho detto ieri che ero esausta e che dovevo recuperare un po' di ore di sonno. Bè, stamattina mi sono svegliata alle 11 e mezza ed è stato fantastico. Credo ripeterò l'esperienza domani!
Oggi, in Australia e Nuova Zelanda, si è celebrato l'ANZAC day, che altro non è che il nostro 25 Aprile e che guarda caso, cade proprio il 25 Aprile. Per molti è giorno di vacanza, ma non per noi al ristorante. Ma va bene così: ho lavorato solo di sera e - sfortunatamente per Tony e Davina -non eravamo troppo pieni.

Ok, credo questo sia tutto per oggi. Potete benissimo immaginare cosa ho fatto tra il momento in cui mi sono svegliata e prima di andare al lavoro e se vi dovesse interessare, mi sta davvero piacendo Eleanor & Park. È ambientato nel 1986: musicassette, fumetti e primi amori nati sui sedili di uno scuola bus. Davvero, cosa si può chiedere di più?

No comments:

Post a Comment