Monday 29 April 2013

Day #83

I had a quiet day off today. 
I Skyped with a friend I met on the Internet and was fun to eventually get to speak to him instead of just chatting and exchange book and movie recommendations.
The biggest surprise of the day came in the mail, though!! One of my friends from my hometown sent me a letter and I had no idea such a thing was coming: what a wonderful surprise that was! She also included a lovely pair of earrings for my birthday - that's still two weeks away, but I loved that she thought of it almost one month before the actual day!

I love letters and postcards. I love collecting them and re-read them after years and change. I remember when this same friend, Alessandra, sent me a postcard to the Maldives.. we never thought it possible, but she actually managed to get it to me. I still keep it as the most precious piece of mail I'd ever gotten. When I was in the Maldives I needed something I could hold on to from home and that postcard came at the right time.
Sumbliminal message: feel free to send me postcards, photographs, poems.. I don't think I'll be changing address in the next couple of months anyway, so.. what's stopping you?

È stato un giorno off quieto.
Mi sono sentita su Skype con un amico che ho conosciuto su Internet ed è stato bello parlare faccia a faccia invece che solo attraverso chat e scambiarci suggerimenti su libri e film.
La sorpresa più grande della giornata, però, è arrivata per posta! Una delle mie amiche da casa mi ha spedito una lettera e non avevo la minima idea che avesse fatto una cosa del genere, quindi quando Paolo me l'ha data, ero felicissima! Nella busta c'era anche un paio di orecchini per il mio compleanno - per cui mancano ancora due settimane, ma adoro il fatto che ci abbia pensato con quasi un mese di anticipo! 
Amo ricevere lettere e cartoline. Amo collezionarle e rileggerle dopo anni e dopo che le cose sono cambiate. Mi ricordo quando questa stessa amica, Alessandra, mi ha inviato una cartolina alle Maldive.. non lo credevamo fosse possibile, ma è riuscita a farmela arrivare. La conservo ancora come la cosa più importante che mi sia stata mandata per posta. Quando ero alle Maldive avevo bisogno di aggrapparmi a qualcosa che venisse da casa e quella cartolina era arrivata proprio al momento giusto.
Messaggio subliminale: sentitevi pur liberi di spedirmi cartoline, foto, lettere, poesie.. Non credo cambierò l'indirizzo nei prossimi quattro/cinque mesi, quindi.. cosa ve lo impedisce?

No comments:

Post a Comment